King’s Walden, St Mary version: 2
King's Walden and Offley with Lilley
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- The success of the Pie and Pints with The Vicar initiative in building relationships, in the pub for example.
- The success of the Songs of Praise and Teas in involving those on the fringes.
- The Breachwood Green Coffee Mornings and the Alpha Course.
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- Messy Church. It is hard to discern exactly why it did not work in spite of several changes and alterations made over the time it was operating.
Things seen about our local community
- It seems that the Church is seen to be irrelevant to people's daily lives.
- People want to be cared for.
- The parish population is scattered over a wide area with the main population centre about a mile and a half away from the Church.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- Pie and Pints with The Vicar has provided more contact and visibility for the Church.
- There has been engagement with the Parish Council and more contact with the local village school (not a Church school).
- There is a measure of caring from church members engaging with those who are ill.
Vision (for five years' time)
A Church for all, welcoming everyone and providing a heart for the community.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
Struggle to replace those who move away and pass away.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To widen the scope of our care for each other and our community (1 year).
- To provide more stepping stones for the unchurched (5 years).
Goals (for the next year)
- Providing hospitality for the community.
- With Diocesan help, to develop a Fresh Expression of Church within the next 2 to 3 years.
- To increase caring for the community (e.g. Pastoral Cards)