Lidlington (LEP) version: 2
Marston Morteyne with Lidlington
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- The great need of people spiritually, emotionally and physically especially with increased poverty.
- That we live in a small rural village community of 1300 people.
- We recognise the need of the global family particularly in high areas of poverty and devastation.
Three things we have seen about our church
- It is a loving church which feels like an extended family living with our Father God as head of the family.
- We have a generous heart for the church community and our village community.
- We have seen the visible power of the Holy Spirit and the love of Jesus affect people's lives.
Vision (for five years' time)
To be a thriving loving church community reaching out to those we come in contact with, sharing the love of Jesus in a practial way. To have the power of the Holy Spirit to enhance the growth of the Kingdom by sharing the great news of the life changing love God has for us demonstrated in Jesus.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To grow in obedience to God through our personal and corporate prayer life. To encourage and nurture the church family.
- To act on the guidance which comes from God, to be ready to change direction and re-evaluate when prompted by the Holy Spirit.
- To be recognised and known by the local community as loving, generous and approachable, somewhere that people will come.
Goals (for the next year)
- To deepen the spiritual life of the church through prayer sessions and events.
- To deepen the spiritual life of the church through wider participation and interaction within services.
- To integrate the young adults into the church family.
- To encourage our children and young people to grow in their faith through Sunday Rock, the children's and youth work, weekends away and links with the church family.