Little Amwell, Holy Trinity version: 3
Little Amwell, Holy Trinity
Hertford Team Ministry
Hertford and Ware
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- To deepen our fellowship with one another and with God: new fellowship initiatives: monthly meals and walks, successfully launching a new housegroup
- To make prayer a more vital part of our life together: new prayer area created in church; monthly prayer meeting; focus on prayer and spirituality in preaching
- 3. To rethink our children's provision, so that we can offer ministry to children and families who can't come on Sunday mornings: Messy Church launched, monthly late on Sunday afternoons
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- Rethinking our children's provision - Messy Church hasn't been a complete success. Reasons: a) lack of helpers to run it regularly b) not finding the right day and time
Things seen about our local community
- Society is leaving us behind - Sunday activities, busy people without time for church
- High property values means couples & young families can't stay in the village, so we lose touch with many of our contacts
- We are well-regarded in the community, but not generally thought of as relevant or effectual.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- Exploring new ways of engaging with children & families
- Building up methods of staying in touch - GDPR permitting!
- Substantial progress - the church's reputation has been enhanced in recent years
Vision (for five years' time)
We want to be a church rooted in God through prayer and worship, making Jesus known by following his example of love and service.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
Under represented in the key demographics of 15-40
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Inviting a younger generation of people
- Aiming for church growth through welcome and invitation
- Growing in depth & maturity of faith.
Goals (for the next year)
- To research whether there would be demand for an after-school club
- To build up our links with baptism families and wedding couples, inviting them to groups to consider the promises they have made
- Review the entirety of our communications
- Consider forming a children's choir, to sing at All Age Worship, Messy Church and other opportunities
- Build up our prayer support through using social media, the church website and facebook