Luton, St Paul version: 4
Luton, St Paul
Luton, St Paul
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Diversity: multi-cultural, rich and poor.
- Occupancy differing: tower blocks, terraced housing, large detached.
- Congested streets, some good parks; two local primary schools to double in size over the next few years.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Less people, fewer children, lower frequency, changing faces.
- Good services and singing.
- Significant in the community, friendly, caring.
Vision (for five years' time)
A caring community offering a practical expression of God's love.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Growing awareness - biblical, social, communal - through education.
- Caring and supportive of individuals and groups.
- Accepting the role of mission, faith in action.
Goals (for the next year)
- Encourage greater participation in outreach activities - 'Open the Book' assemblies, Prayer, Visiting, use of facilities by the community and partnership with the Council and local Children's Centre.
- Increase membership of the men's discipleship group.
- Complete and publish leaflet to advertise to the community our facilities and their availability.
- Prepare to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the consecration of the new church building in 2016.
- Assess viability of groups and activities in the light of the vicar's retirement in autumn 2016.