Millbrook, St Michael and All Angels version: 1
Ampthill with Millbrook and Steppingley
Ampthill and Shefford
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Millbrook over the last few years has become a dormitory village.
- The parish is very supportive in a 'secular' way.
- There is a general apathy towards the 'need' of the church within our society.
Three things we have seen about our church
- We have an ageing congregation, however, we do have the presence of younger members at specific services.
- Our church is steeped in history, but lacks more modern facilities.
- We have been informed by several people that we are, as a church, "warm, friendly and welcoming".
Vision (for five years' time)
St Michael & All Angels Millbrook is a welcoming 'church family' which has developed a strong link between church and village to meet the spiritual and secular caring needs of our community.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- For St Michael & All Angels to remain a central link between the church and the village.
- To reach out to the wider community both spiritually and secularly in both church services and events.
- To go deeper into God's love with the 'church family' taking a caring & supportive interest in the community.
Goals (for the next year)
- To build up our specific church services & events already in progress to encourage the community to church.
- To look at the possibility of upgrading our church with modern facilities (eg. a loo).
- To work with the Diocesan Living Churchyard and Wildlife Trust (Beds) to make our churchyard a living one.
- To share our history - set up a Millbrook Local History Group (MLHG), which has church links.
- To identify ways for better communication avenues to promote church services and events.