Nettleden, St Lawrence version: 3
Berkhamsted Team Ministry
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- We continue to hold weekly services and have changed times and used some differently liturgy to encourage more people to come
- The PCC continues to discuss all aspects of worship
- We now have one Sung Evensong a month to which some from the neighbouring parish come.
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- The attendance has not increased, though it has not gone down, given that there have been several deaths amongst the regular congregation.
Things seen about our local community
- We are a tiny community of two hamlets with no community centre other than the church.
- We are a traditional community where the BCP is still important to us.
- The church is virtually the only identifiable group in the parish.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- By developing the Nettleden Music Festival which will take place for the second year running, in June 2017, raising money for the church and the local hospice, thereby engaging more people in the parish.
Vision (for five years' time)
A growing church, with appropriate facilities, which enable us to offer opportunities for greater Christian discipleship. To be a church which welcomes and encourages all to become part of all that it has to offer.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
a faithful congregation which needs to grow more.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To develop the 'Friends of Nettleden Church' creating a sense of belonging amongst the members.
- To encourage the church to be used for occasional secular events so that it represents an important centre for local community.
- To make the church attractive enough that new people might want to become part of it.
Goals (for the next year)
- To encourage the growth of the Friends of Nettleden Church, creating a greater sense of ownership and focus amongst the local community
- To make The Nettleden Music festival a fixed annual and important event in the life of the parish to encourage more people who see the church as theirs and at the centre of the life of the community
- To use attractive liturgy to bring more people into church
- To build bridges and encourage close cooperation with the other two parishes with whom we are linked.
- To maintain the condition of this historic building to a high standard.