Oxhey, All Saints (Centre of Worship) version: 2
Oxhey, All Saints
Oxhey, All Saints
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Large parts of the parish – especially the centre of South Oxhey - have undergone major redevelopment. Shops and social housing flats have been replaced with hundreds of expensive flats.
- There are enormous social changes occurring – from an increase in ethnic diversity, increase in higher income residents but also an increase in greater poverty resulting from welfare changes.
- In our parish and in society generally there is a steady growth in secularisation – matters of faith tend to play a much smaller part in people’ thinking and lives.
Vision (for five years' time)
A warm, faith filled church where everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, sexuality, wealth and social position feels welcomed and loved. A church where people can fulfil their calling and grow, at their own pace, in faith and understanding of God. A church that reaches out to those most in need in our community – a church where the poorest and most vulnerable know that they will be received without judgement and given all the help they need. A church that is at the heart of the community – so that God is at the heart of the community.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Reaching new people. The redevelopment offers opportunities to reach out to new residents and to engage with current residents in a new way. We shall continue to serve the poorest in our community.
- We now live in a very diverse community and we want our church membership to reflect and represent all areas of society.
- To engage more with our young people – especially those in KS3.
Goals (for the next year)
- To open a weekly café – where people are welcomed and can relax. Open to all members of the community.
- To join Inclusive Church and become a church that welcomes and supports all God’s children in all their diversity.
- To start working with young people in KS3 – a group which is both social and offers opportunities to develop their faith. To re-launch the children’s choir aimed at KS2 children.
- To help all members find and live out their calling from God. To offer church leadership courses, to encourage vocations and to provide teaching and opportunities for everyone to grow in faith.
- To recognise our part in the stewardship of God’s creation and to encourage positive attitudes and behaviour regarding our carbon footprint and recycling.