Potton, St Mary the Virgin version: 1
Potton with Sutton and Cockayne Hatley
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- We perceive that Sunday is not special any more in our community and the wider context.
- We perceive that Church is not relevant to many people in our community, especially in the under 40s
- The size of our town has doubled in the last 40 years and 150 new homes will be added by 2016.
Three things we have seen about our church
- In the last year we have seen growth
- Our church is on the boundary of our small town and not easily visible to the community at large.
- We have seen continued growth, green shoots of new life, especially via our work with toddlers and young children.
Vision (for five years' time)
Our vision is for Intergenerational Church. Our vision statement is "A 100-strong intergenerational church by 2020"
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Nurturing of young families and young people.
- Improve toilet facilities, review heating and lighting, safety and accessibility to our church.
- Strengthen benefice links and publicity.
Goals (for the next year)
- Start discussions on new path for crossing road to church safely, heating and lighting.
- Improve all our church publicity
- Education and Life Skills Courses
- Creating children's spaces in church
- Explore a possible paid youth worker.