Pulloxhill, St James the Apostle version: 4
Silsoe, Pulloxhill and Flitton
Ampthill and Shefford
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- We have developed on our journey in faith both as a church and within the context of the benefice and have reinstated a fourth service back into the plan
- We have created opportunities to grow in faith such as courses and a home group.
- We continue to create and be part of community events and we are growing in numbers in our journey of faith
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- We are pleased with the progress across all areas and look forward to building on the foundations of what we have created.
Things seen about our local community
- We have an increasing amount of housing which is occupied by people who commute out of the parish to work and shop.
- The only community focus points are the pub, the school and the church hall. The Church is the largest building in the community.
- We now live in communities that are increasingly divided up into smaller sub-communities like elderly and youth, who have very different needs.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- Introduction of a new family service
- Ongoing outreach events held locally in the church hall
- Working together with other churches across the benefice
Vision (for five years' time)
To grow as a beacon of Christ's light in our communitiesCurrent Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
Our congregation is gradually growing in number, especially at major events but average age could be lower! We are starting to grow the number of families and children in the church through school contacts and our fund raising events We are good at working together on practical and achievable projects, and we are welcoming
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Share and grow our faith as we journey deeper into God
- Deliver a range of services that meets the needs of the church family and wider community
- Engage with our community, drawing closer to people of all ages as we grow new disciples
Goals (for the next year)
- Continue our themed family services
- To complete the work required from our quinquennial inspection and inspection and install the new doors into the rear of the church
- To Look at developing more space for socializing during post service refreshments
- Be part of discipleship growth courses both locally and across the benefice
- Continue with a culture of invitation and welcome especially through 'food based events'