Sarratt, Holy Cross version: 1
Sarratt and Chipperfield
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Church building not centrally located in the village.
- Expensive housing makes it difficult for young people to remain or move into the village.
- Perceived lack of relevance of the Church in our Parish.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Lack of younger generation - under 40s.
- Good variety of worship and church-generated activities.
- Spotlight magazine seen as a good vehicle for information about church and village life.
Vision (for five years' time)
A vibrant Christian community characterised by its unity in Christ and self-giving love whee all are welcome and inspired to become disciples of Jesus. A thriving body of people with an outward focus who are living out the love of God and truly integrated in the local community.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Develop intentional stepping stones to inspire and encourage people in the parish to faith in Jesus Christ.
- Nurture and develop people's faith and unity in Christ in order to become a church characterised by love and self-giving.
- To provide opportunities for families and children to encounter the love of Jesus.
Goals (for the next year)
- Run the Diocesan Welcome course for church members by Autumn 2015.
- To substantially increase church member participation in the existing open events - e.g. Bike and Hike, Village Picnic, Open House, Open Air Service.
- To review and develop the Benefice website and explore the use of Social media in order to fully promote what we are and what we are doing.
- To have a preaching series focused on Unity in Christ in the Autumn 2015.
- To develop and strategy to built better and stronger links with Sarratt School in order to improve engagement with families and children starting by September 2015.