Southill, All Saints version: 7
Clifton and Southill
Ampthill and Shefford
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- The Navigation Bible Study Group has been established and developing those who are enquiring about the Christian faith.
- The Tuesday-Afternoon Teas meets every week and provides fellowship for those who live on their own.
- Two confirmation candidates seeking to deepen their faith.
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- The non- HC All Age Worship wasn't well received and all the services are Common worship with HC.
- We no longer have a Sunday School.
Things seen about our local community
- There is a degree of loneliness and social isolation among older people who live on their own.
- There are four individual villages which are spread out with which makes community building more difficult.
- The local school engages with the church for festivals.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- There is a degree of loneliness amongst the elderly and social isolation.
- 5th Sunday services have strengthened links with the other church in the Benefice.
- We have supported Messy Church with our other church in the Benefice to provide fellowship for our younger families.
Vision (for five years' time)
That the Church will be seen as the centre of our villages to welcome, support and serve the needs of the community.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
a congregation that maintains a regular attendance. There has been a slight change in the age profile and some people no longer attend every week due to family commitments.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Going deeper into God – encourage pilgrimage and times away together.
- Making new disciples – Create Fresh Expressions and pioneer ministries.
- Transforming communities – protect the vulnerable and the environment.
Goals (for the next year)
- To have a church away day.
- Benefice Alpha groups.
- Establish a Café Style Church in Broom.
- Begin Alpha groups by 2018.
- Craft and Chat group for over 50s in Broom/Southill.