St Albans, Christ Church (Centre of Worship) version: 3
St Albans, Christ Church
St Albans, Christ Church
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Three distinct mission foci: New Greens Estate, Rest of Parish, Our diverse networks.
- The potential for and need of unifying local community presence.
- Parish contains many schools and St Albans hospital.
Three things we have seen about our church
- We are the most significant local community organisation.
- There is strong and active lay leadership and involvement.
- The building and site have great potential.
Vision (for five years' time)
To be an All Age Community, on a shared Journey of Faith, Making the Edge the Centre.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To establish Missional Communities as our way of being Church.
- To enable the new building to fulfil its potential for the whole parish.
- To work out how to truly put Youth and Children at the centre of our life and organisation.
Goals (for the next year)
- To equip and nurture our congregation as an all age community on a journey of faith, and develop their knowledge, experience of God and their prayer life through introducing prayer triplets and promoting prayer, running nurturing, equipping and Alpha courses, developing Sunday services, developing pastoral support structures, and encouraging the creation of mission communities.
- To equip and nurture our young people as Christians, part of our work as an all age community on a journey of faith, and to work out how to truly put youth and children at the centre of our life and organisation through developing and restructuring youth leadership, regular involvement by young people in our Sunday services, and improved teaching and pastoral support.
- To support those on the edge in our parish, showing them God’s love and introducing them to Jesus, using appropriate activities including Little Acorns, Messy Church, the Alpha course, work with men, the ‘fun day’, the community choir and Club Genesis, ensuring our congregation and buildings are welcoming, and promoting outreach through mission communities.
- To support those who minister outside our locality in meeting those on the edge, showing them God’s love, and seeking to introduce them to Jesus by having appropriate mission partners overseas and in the UK, with an emphasis on developing and supporting ‘home grown’ partners, engaging with a “project of the year”, and reflecting on lessons from the Zambian link.
- To develop our leadership and management, create effective structures, and have appropriate buildings and grounds to underpin the above by developing the staff team, creating clear delegation, and accountability, completing phase 1 of the building works, and both remodelling and re-roofing the worship area.