St Albans, St Saviour version: 2
St Albans, St Saviour
St Albans, St Saviour
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- Increase in numbers at the Sunday 9.30am Parish Mass
- Growth in attendance at children's activity workshops (Good Friday, Pentecost, Advent)
- PCC developing a clear approach and understanding of mission and ministry
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
Things seen about our local community
- Few other communal meeting places in the parish other than the Church
- High percentage of young families living locally
- Isolation is a real threat, especially (but not exclusively) for older folk
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- Repeated attendance at RNP Vision Days, and PCC Days (twice a year)
- Establishing a parish office and admin base, and appointing a part-time Administrator to better organise the working of the parish to free up time and resources for mission (as identified as a goal in the parish's original MAP consultation in May 2013)
- Continuing to work with our already established senior's 'Tea Club' and pre-school 'Tots Time' and nurture them as 'fresh-expressions'
Vision (for five years' time)
Larger Vision; Larger Impact; Larger Congregation.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
...begun a steady process of growth.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Build on the beginnings of new growth
- Grow relationships with baptism families, children and young people
- Strengthen the quality and tradition of our worship, ensuring it remains 'catholic' but accessible to all people
Goals (for the next year)
- Further develop the work of the senior's 'Tea Club' and pre-school 'Tots Time'
- Establish new monthly congregation 'Families at Four'
- Strengthen community links by establishing a 'Bernards Heath Community Forum'
- Explore ideas for a 'community cafe'
- Begin a review of church and hall buildings to identify potential development to resource and facilitate mission