Luton, St Andrew version: 2
Luton, St Andrew
Luton, St Andrew
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- Bible Study group started and now in its second year.
- New Family service on First Sunday, after main service .
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- More community ivolvement. Communion to those unable to attend church. As this is our first MAP,these are our goals for the coming years.
- Re-connect with schools and engage them in upcoming activites.
Things seen about our local community
- The decline of the 08.00 service. Elderly of the church not being replaced.
- Population change to mainly Non-Christian.
- Lack of engagement with children in local commuity and schoools.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- Have visited schools and other churches and invited them to our Easter Bonnet Parade and Easter Egg Hunt. Have agreed with some school leaders to attend and speak at assemblies.
- Activities planned to include the wider the community. Purchase of a tent for outdoor activities.
- Creation of a Peace Garden.
Vision (for five years' time)
A welcoming church, Involved in building relationsips in the community. Somewhere where people can feel comfortable even if they are not of the Christian faith.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To engage with the community/Parish.
- Form a visiting group for Care Homes.
- Baptism and Marriage Follow-ip as well as Confirmation candidates.
Goals (for the next year)
- Youth interaction through schools and joining with other church or forming youth group.
- Create and maintain Church Website.
- Creating banners to advertise.Create Newsletter for distribution within the community, via, doctors or dental surgeries etc.
- Continue development of Peace Garden.
- CCTV and gate to be fitted to protect the rear of the church where the Peace Garden is as well as the front of the church.