St Margaret’s, St Mary the Virgin version: 2
Great Amwell with St Margaret's
Great Amwell with St Margarets and Stanstead Abbots
Hertford and Ware
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Passers-by don't realise the church is here (end on to the road, so not seen).
- People's perceptions are that church and God are irrelevant and old fashioned.
- Need to help community see more of what we do, and see that faith is relevant.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Need to help younger people's faith.
- Need to increase knowledge and depth of faith.
Vision (for five years' time)
Vibrant and relevant church, thought provoking, representative of community.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To be more visible in the community, including improving communication.
- To seek to serve the community practically and spiritually.
- To challenge our perceptions of faith and to challenge and deepen our faith.
Goals (for the next year)
- Services to include visiting speakers, and themes more often.
- Make church more visible - banner, events, magazine distribution.
- Projects done together with the community (eg. gardens for children without any).
- To improve the opportunities for communication within and outside of the church community.