St Paul’s Walden, All Saints version: 1
St Paul's Walden
Hitchin & St Paul's Walden (Team Ministry)
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Flourishing community life with a large number of diverse groups and events.
- Diverse community of skills, occupations, interests and faiths.
- Attractive countryside and villages visited by many walkers and cyclists.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Provides a focal point for the community, with many having association with the churches even if not attending regularly.
- Provides meaningful worship through a wide variety of services and events, especially for young children.
- Creative and open to new ideas.
Vision (for five years' time)
Outward looking. Open and welcoming. Relevant to and representative of all facets of the community. Responsive to local challenges. For all of us to be known for our faith and by our actions in the community.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Engaging wider village and parish communities.
- Delivering relevant message of worship for young people.
- Going deeper into God through more reflection and listening.
Goals (for the next year)
- Enabling those who attend the festivals and Messy Church to be more engaged in an active part of the church family.
- Providing accessible and relevant worship for teens.
- Being actively engaged with all groups within the village communities.
- Creating active links between both villages and with Hitchin Team.
- Provide opportunities for learning about or deepening our Christian faith through studies or talks.