Stanbridge, St John the Baptist version: 4
Totternhoe, Stanbridge and Tilsworth
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Many active community groups
- Parish is well centered around church and the green
- High percentage of commuters
Vision (for five years' time)
A living church with extended social activities, fully integrating the church and community, making it a welcoming and non threatening centre.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Widen existing path for people to become involved with the church
- Providing accessible worship (modern?) making church services relevant and accessible
- To be open, welcoming, strengthen church as heart / centre of village
Goals (for the next year)
- Invite community supporters to join fundraising / organising social events. Vicar now governor of local school, aiming at more contact with local community.
- Design & circulate survey / personal approach to identify attitudes to local church and barriers to attendance. Survey complete. Family service trial.
- Review service types / timing / frequency, eg. non Eucharistic. Consider local ministry teams. Family Service started during Advent 2013. Much increased attendance, but giving remains static.
- Review church opening for other activities. Invite residents to a cooked breakfast. Revisits by baptized children.