Standon, St Mary version: 1
Standon and the Mundens with Sacombe
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- People live busy lives. This activity squeezes out time for Sunday worship, but is a positive contribution to community life.
- The needs of our community are complex and often hidden. No single issue stands out.
- The presence of the Church seems important for people - we need to understand the extent and nature of this good will.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Becoming a Benefice in 2006 has enriched our life together - more resources & opportunities together - some growth seen.
- We have become more outward looking and engaged in our community - need to work on awareness of those at edges of church.
- We are learning to look out for each other's needs within the church family.
Vision (for five years' time)
As people who live faith-inspired lives centred upon Jesus, and who make life more abundant for others by sharing faith, demonstrating warm hospitality, offering practical care and having fun.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To make new Christians by allowing people to connect with the Christian community in a natural, honest & sociable way.
- To make existing Christians stronger by offering relevant teaching, resourcing prayer & providing encouragement.
- To listen, understand and respond with God's love to the local, national and worldwide community.
Goals (for the next year)
- To make prayer a true priority by trialling a prayer partner scheme and a Benefice prayer meeting.
- To find and equip leaders for small groups and studies, particularly our Christian Basics course.
- To further increase the range and diversity of our worship.
- To have fun and pracitse hospitality, offering events and activities that give us a chance to get to know people better.
- To set an example of caring for the environment by living simple and sustainable lives.