Stevenage, St Hugh and St John, Chells (Centre of Worship) version: 2
Stevenage, St Hugh and St John, Chells (LEP)
Stevenage, St Hugh and St John, Chells
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- Establish contemporary worship along side existing more traditional forms - have established Cafe church, a new format for our Blaze all age worship, we've installed screens and all our services are now projected
- Develop opportunties to pray and learn to pray - some success. Quiet communions established during Advent and Lent. Other ways of praying introduced during service
Labyrinth Lent 2017
Labyrinth Lent 2017. St Hugh and St John Chells Stevenage
Which Living God's Love theme do you think it represents?
Going Deeper Into God
- Improve our care circles by reducing size and ensuring new people are included; Teach / train about welcome. We have some training about welcoming these two years and thought about it together. Our welcomers get together once a year to think through what they do and how they could do it better
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- 1. Enhance prayer life of church members and extend prayer opportunities into the wider community - didn't progress because of the vacancy and wasn't really owned by the congregation
- Secure funding for Launch Pad project for next 5 years. As of March 2017, Launchpad ceased to function. A new club, Blaze, has been running since then
Vision (for five years' time)
Our vision is that: the communities of which we are a part will be centred on Jesus Christ filled with love, joy and hope living life to the full with God as our King. We see no need to alter our vision statement at present but will keep it under review as part of the MAP process.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
our numbers and attendance are slightly up
Goals (for the next year)
- By the end of 2017, set up a prayer space that gives people the opportunity to sit quietly in prayer - have a noticeboard for prayers and a place to light a candle. Use the money from the Bed & Herts Historic Churches Trust
- By 2018 to Investigate a Chells networking event to build community. Initially starting with non-residents - Glebe and Mobbsbury shops, industrial estate, schools, community centre, police, doctors, dentists. To provide a meal and an informal event for these organisations to start to make connections.
- Develop more community services. Specifically: Pet service Carols in the Glebe/Mobbsbury shops In community centre
- Hold a service at Thursday Blaze inviting church members, Blaze members and their families
- By September 2017, have a photo board with pictures of congregation.