Stondon, All Saints version: 1
Gravenhurst, Shillington and Stondon
Ampthill and Shefford
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Significant increase in new homes within the parish over past 5 years.
- Links between All Saints and the Baptist Church continue to grow supporting each other's ministry.
- The community spirit surrounding the upcoming events for the Diamond Jubilee is notably commendable.
Three things we have seen about our church
- The Sunday School has expanded from zero to nearly 20 over past 4 years.
- The damp problem, which worsened over past 5 years, has greatly improved after phase 1 of remedial works.
- Congregation have pulled together in this time of interregnum and church is going from strength to strength.
Vision (for five years' time)
A dynamic parish with a new vicar, which reaches out to the wider community with close links to the Lower School, and welcomes all into our congregation.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Encourage new members to join our congregation and seek Confirmation.
- Prepare the newly consecrated churchyard to be ready for use.
- Integrate a WC into the church building.
Goals (for the next year)
- Commence next phase of works to reduce damp problem.
- Develop and carry out an Intercession Rota.
- Encourage parents to leave children in Sunday School so they may attend service, and encourage parent to become SS leader.
- Make a greater effort to promote our church on the newer estates in Stondon and on the mobile home parks.
- Encourage membes of the congregation to join the choir and actively try and resource an organist.