Stotfold, St Mary the Virgin version: 2
Stotfold with Radwell
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- Completion of phase 1 of the building work for the reordering of the church.
- Re-establishment of a Bible study group.
Things seen about our local community
- The population is booming. Many young families and other age groups with some or little church heritage are spiritually open.
- Lack of activities for children aged 10 and up.
- There is not a clear physical centre to the community of Stotfold.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- The church started a weekly baby and toddler group in October 2015.
- We began a monthly community coffee morning in partnership with the Academy of Central Bedfordshire in November 2015
- We have held Pilgrim Courses, Bible studies and a quiet day.
Vision (for five years' time)
We aim to make our church a spiritual and worshipping centre of our town and for our church family to share our walk of faith in Christ together with the community.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
We had a large number of occasional office in 2017: 39 Baptisms, 25 funerals and 10 weddings. Average weekly attendance has grown from 2015. The number of people worshiping with at Christmas and Easter has grown significantly since 2015.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Additional opportunities for worship for young families
- Bible study, discussion and discipleship groups
- Deepening our prayer life as a community
Goals (for the next year)
- Meet the spiritual and social needs of older children
- Starting a monthly Sunday afternoon service for families with young children.
- Increasing our community coffee morning to twice a month
- Providing written material for visitors to welcome them and explain the Christian message