Streatley, St Margaret version: 2
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- We are a mixture of urban and rural ministry, but becoming increasingly urban.
- Most of our congregation come from within the parish and a large proportion from within an earlier parish boundary or close byor previously lived in the parish.
- There are plans for a significant housing development in the north of the parish, these plans suggest that the parish will be more multicultural than now.
Three things we have seen about our church
- The core 9.30 congregation is slowly declining with implications for other aspects of church life.
- We are a traditional parish with a good sense of our own identity and belonging, but able to adapt and be flexible.
- We celebrate God's love in music, fellowship and teaching with everyone.
Vision (for five years' time)
We are a church of tradition, but able to embrace old and new, our doors are always open and we welcome all, young and old. We are present daily in the community as a Christian light to all, we are engaged with other denominations and faiths and are active in local mission initiatives, support local charities and go out beyond our church walls to demonstrate God's love.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Enhance our services and provision for all ages, both in the church and in the community.
- Encourage spiritual growth.
- Widen the use of the Parish centre for community work.
Goals (for the next year)
- More firmly establish Bible study groups, the Ten to Eight group, Lent study groups, and to continue Compline reflections developing lay leaders for these groups in the coming years (spiritual growth).
- Seek to discern and discover over the coming 3 years, one or more people who may be prepared to train for Reader ministry (spiritual growth).
- Continue to develop specific services for particular congregations, for example the bereaved, the elderly and the young both in St Margaret's and elsewhere (mission).
- Carry out a review of our communication to the parish - website, Proclamation (Magazine) and Messenger.