Tempsford with Little Barford version: 3
Tempsford with Little Barford
The Riversmeet Benefice
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- We want to celebrate that we have continued support from our village for our fundraising events such as the Christmas fayre, afternoon teas and the floodlights
- Benefice services are well attended at the church and we welcome parishioners from around the parish to worship together.
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- Although we have support from the village and those linked with the Tempsford Airfield, we still struggle to increase our congregation size.
Things seen about our local community
- We have a very strong community spirit. Over the last 12 months we have seen it grow from strength to strength.
- The village is cut in two by the A1, which does make it harder to work together, however that is changing and we are slowly coming together.
- Still our resources are limited around 550 residents. Population is small; communication within the population is growing.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- We are still the only church in the Benefice to hold morning prayers. In the winter they are held in one of our other parishioners’ home, our numbers have remained the same over the last 12 months.
- There are only two communion services per month and the church is kept locked. We also have benefice services held here.
- Although the residents largely use the church for occasional office, there is increasing support for the church from outside the benefice, visiting numbers have increased.
Vision (for five years' time)
A small church who members are faithful and welcoming, who have the full support of the community.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
A congregation size that has remained the same for a number of years.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To secure the church's future for a longer period
- Communications have greatly improved over the last 12 months, but we are still continuing to build relationships/networks with our community within the Benefice. With better Communication we can build our congregation.
- To continue to develop our fundraising events to encourage more people through our doors.
Goals (for the next year)
- To continue to find innovative ways to keep the church open which involve simple ideas that have a big impact. To have SMARTER ways of fundraising such as Easyfundraising & Clothes Bank appeal & floodlights in the church. To continue to efficiently use the news outlets to publicise the Easyfundraising, Clothes Bank appeal and the floodlights in the church.
- Our goal for 2017 is to grow our church family from within & outside the village.
- To carry on welcoming and supporting the people who support us, both in the village and the Benefice.
- To project our profile to the village in order to have continual support from the village for all further activities. To continue to demonstrate to our supporters what our fundraising and donations help to provide for the church, in order to gain further interest and secure the future of the church in the village.