Toddington, St George of England version: 3
Toddington and Chalgrave
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- Growth: Messy Church meets monthly. Attendance has revived over the last 21 months from about 6 children to 33 children, and about 56 families involved. Developing Relationships: with both St George’s Lower School and Parkfields Middle School in school and in church. A good working relationship with the Friends of St George’s Church and also Churches Together. Worship: gradual increase in weekly numbers attending regular services, increased weddings, and occasional services.
- The Quintet Choir; with members from across the Quintet of churches, (now over 30 members) who sing at special festival services or occasional services. Set up about 19 months ago. A wonderful resource of encouragement and worship.
- Achieving Building Goals: south church wall stonework completed, interior plasterwork completed (south wall), 2 new boilers installed at short notice, the long awaited installation of the new organ console and organ upgrade is almost complete and a roof alarm has been fitted
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- Finances and ability to pay Parish Share: New Aim: Introduce an effective Stewardship Campaign.
- Building the Church: New Aim: Be creative, prayerful, outreaching and responsive.
Things seen about our local community
- A need to connect with young families and young people
- Several shops have suffered burglary, pubs closing or changing hands regularly and there are limited facilities for young people
- Many lonely/bereaved people
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- Investigate funding opportunities to provide facilities and links with Young families and young people
- Pray for our community and the shopkeepers
- To establish a bereavement support group
Vision (for five years' time)
A Jesus centred, loving, caring, welcoming and outreaching community of faithful believers.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
Establishing a solid foundational base from which to move forward. There are some signs of growth and we need to take encouragement from this and discern the way in which the Lord wishes us to reach out and develop, building on our strengths and perhaps laying down things which are not fruitful.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Establish a foundation of Prayer. With spiritual wisdom and discernment, seek the Lord’s will and purpose.
- Employ a family missional worker to assist building church.
- Establish an effective Stewardship Campaign to raise funds and release the church from financial burden.
Goals (for the next year)
- To increase our weekly congregation by 3 people
- To celebrate our successes and to be positive in outlook
- To create a regular home group where Bible study and prayer take place.
- To explore holding services at different times and of different nature to meet the needs of different congregations. Ie: To introduce 4 different occasional services during the year eg a Healing service, Informal Worship, Children/family service, and a visiting speaker offering Testimony
- To seek to meet our Parish Share target next year