Totteridge, St Andrew version: 1
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- That we live in an ever-changing parish where the Christian population is falling and in a world where the social, cultural and technological rate of change is accelerating.
- That we are an essentially traditional church drawn from a diverse community that increasingly extends beyond our parish boundary.
- That there is still a hankering desire for a stronger community spirit.
Three things we have seen about our church
- That there is a warm welcome to our church.
- That friendship, fellowship and loving support are much appreciated.
- That we encompass a wide breadth of views and opinions.
Vision (for five years' time)
Our vision statement is: 'We aim to be a vibrant, welcoming, Christian church at the heart of the community, sharing God's love with everyone.' We include in our vision statement: (i) that we care for our faith by caring for our community, (ii) that outreach and pastoral care are both important, (iii) that a growing and increasingly vibrant Christian presence is vital. How we want to be described in 5 years' time: (i) have affirmed and increased our distinctive Christian presence, (ii) built a stronger sense of community in and beyond our church family, (iii) have increased our profile and grown in faith.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Develop our outreach to the community.
- Develop opportunities to welcome people into church.
- Develop our music and worship to include working for increased participation by families, children, young people and schools.
Goals (for the next year)
- Establish a trained team of pastoral carers.
- Develop outreach via a variety of clubs, or a 'priest in pub' night, etc.
- Develop and refurbish our buildings and facilities to include a new car park to replace spaces lost outside old Vicarage.
- Survey our young families and develop strategies to target children and young people via programmes such as 'Messy Mass' or 'Open the Book'.
- Continue to explore and develop patterns, times and styles of worship.