Waltham Cross, Christ Church (Centre of Worship) (LEP) version: 4
Waltham Cross, Christ Church
Cheshunt (Team Ministry)
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- We now have a dedicated website.
- Messy Church is half termly and regularly attended. We have started Messy Church in Holy Trinity School
- Our Alpha Course was well attended
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- Our volunteer youth worker didn't come. That was her decision as she had health problems
- Our building is still not used by the community as much as we would like it to be; the size of our hall may be a factor, and fitting community events around regular bookings.
Things seen about our local community
- There is a significant amount of poverty and homelessness in our area
- We are in a very culturally diverse area
- We are invisible to the community of which we are part.
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
- We support the foodbank, night shelter and women's refuge
- Our church community is ethnically diverse and we encourage people of all backgrounds to feel welcome.
- We have prioritised communications and publicity
Vision (for five years' time)
Our vision is to be a church that is seen by the community as a welcoming, inclusive and vibrant church which celebrates its diversity; a church which is growing in faith and fellowship, committed to sharing the gospel with the community we serve.Current Situation
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
do not represent the age profile of the community around us
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To be seen as a welcoming and inclusive church
- To nurture youth and young people and help them grow in faith
- To grow in numbers and faith across all age groups
Goals (for the next year)
- to increase the range of social and other events that Christ Church provides, to highlight our presence in the community. To run a holiday club and Men's Breakfast
- To appoint a youth worker in 2019
- To encourage all the members of the worshipping community to play a full part in the life of the church
- To improve publicity and outreach; effectively communicating events at Christ Church via posters, fliers, social media and a dedicated website by 2019
- To extend our links with our church school and develop Messy Church sessions in school, encourage school and church to worship together