Watford, St Andrew version: 1
Watford, St Andrew (LEP)
Watford, St Andrew
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Present population predominantly white & middle-class, with growing numbers from differing ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- An area of retail and commercial property & a large hotel lies between the St Albans Road and Watford Junction station.
- Housing is largely private, with a recent surge in new developments as in-filling gathers pace. 12 elderly care homes in parish.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Ageing and small congregation; lack of young people
- Lovely building, but 'tucked away'.
- Warm and friendly atmosphere.
Vision (for five years' time)
Flourishing congregation. All ages of our congregation actively involved. Local centre for worship and secular activities. Serving the local area. Exploring theology. Welcoming all people.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To explore the possibilities for offering a wider range of liturgy.
- Continue to raise the profile of the church in the parish.