Willian, All Saints version: 3
Letchworth, St Paul with Willian
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Growing village population.
- Declining social/community cohesion.
- A village feel although in Letchworth's urban shadow.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Low proportion of church members from the village.
- No facilities for community groups, families and children.
- A growing church with older and caring members.
Vision (for five years' time)
To be a focal point for village and community life. A growing representative church community,with a passion to nurture new disciples.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- To be a visible and vibrant worshipping faith community.
- Implement and complete the building project.
- Continue connecting with the village community and develop a more diverse age profile.
Goals (for the next year)
- Run four church/community events (2 to be new ones)
- Fundraise for building project
- Progress building project to completion by end 2015 including opportunities for the church members to meet together to discuss and pray.
- Produce welcome pack
- Analyse village survey results and prioritize community needs for subsequent action including compiling a database for communication regarding events and developments in church life.