Willington, St Lawrence version: 4
Cople, Moggerhanger and Willington
Previous MAP adopted by PCC
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- We are a small rural parish with a limited geographical reach.
- The demographics of the village indicates a wide range of age groups that are mostly white and middle class.
- The village has limited social amenities, is ideally situated for commuting and has excellent road/rail services.
Three things we have seen about our church
- Our Church is warm and friendly and welcoming new families to the community is a high priority.
- We recognise the need to encourage, facilitate and invest in the younger generation.
- Our Church has established a platform for a range of social activities to engage the local community.
Vision (for five years' time)
A church that is growing in faith, and in numbers, and that is welcoming and vibrant. Members of the church are living out their discipleship in their daily lives and are actively involved in mission on their 'frontlines'. Social activities to provide a social platform for the community and to welcome newcomers are integral to the calendar of annual events.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Going Deeper into God: To increase our confidence in, and knowledge of, the Bible and of prayer.
- Making New Disciples: To find creative ways to reach out to families, children, and young people.
- Transforming Communities: To continue to develop the use of the church building in serving the community.
Goals (for the next year)
- Re-start the Benefice Youth Group in order to reach children and young people aged 10+
- Build on the contacts we have in our groups to hold an Alpha/Christianity Explored course or similar.
- Start a new, Benefice-wide, celebration service aimed specifically at younger families, at a time when they can attend.
- Encourage members of the congregation to try new ways of studying the Bible for themselves at home and in small groups.
- Consider a small further redevelopment of the building to install an AV system to enhance services.