Wilstone, St Cross version: 1
Tring Team Parish
Tring (Team Ministry)
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
Things seen about our local community
- Financial times are going to be tough (or be used as an excuse!) for the duration of this plan.
- Many people work on Sundays and children take part in non-church activities on a Sunday. Sunday 10am not the answer for all.
- Many people have never been into a church; some seem positively frightened to set foot over the door.
Three things we have seen about our church
- We are very good with current congregation and contacts. Quite good at welcoming new people and we strive to improve at this.
- We've talked about spiritual development, but still end up spending too much time on finance, fabric & committees.
- We are not so good with people outside our congregation and contacts - a tendency to look in rather than look out.
Vision (for five years' time)
They are energized by faith. They draw young families to them and they make disciples of young people. They care and support their congregation, their wider group of contacts and the whole of the Tring district. They have enough money coming in to enable them to do all the great things they want to do. They have more weddings and more funerals. They have a fantastic link to Tring School via the school chaplain. They are outward looking.
Priorities (for the next five years)
- Employ a Chaplain at Tring.
- Increase involvement of young families in the life of the parish.
- Involve more people in collaborative ministry. (4) Create a firm financial footing.
Goals (for the next year)
- Employ a Chaplain at Tring School
- Increased involvement of young families in the life of the church.
- Involve more people in collaborative ministry.
- Launch of Parish Catechesis Course - to introduce new members to what the church believes & help adults come to faith.
- Continue the momentum of the Year of Giving Generously to get planned giving to Parish Share levels.