Wormley, St Laurence version: 6
Broxbourne with Wormley
Broxbourne with Wormley
This MAP was adopted by PCC
This MAP was uploaded to the website on
Our MAP will be reviewed next
What progress have you made with the Goals from your previous MAP, and what do you want to celebrate?
- We have launched two new Sunday services in the last three years, and we now have five services on a Sunday, covering a wide range of worship styles. Our normal attendance on a Sunday has grown from 115 in 2003 to 273 in 2016. Our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day attendances have grown from around 600 in 2003 to over 1200 in 2015 and 2016.
- We have deepened our links with both our primary schools, both in terms of our involvement in the schools and their visits to us. We now have children’s ministry alongside three of our Sunday services, and welcome over 60 children on a Sunday. We have a growing ministry to youth, with 10 young people aged 11 to 18 on average attending on Sunday morning, and are increasingly attracting young adults through the launch of our Sunday evening service.
- We have run 16 Alpha courses in the last five years, and over 500 people in our local community have attended a course in that time. Baptisms increased from 25 in 2010 to 60 in 2015, and 46 people have been confirmed since 2012.
What Goals did you set where you saw less progress than you would have liked?
- Developing our outreach at the Wormley end of our parish
- Building up our midweek discipleship groups and activities
Things seen about our local community
How have you begun to engage with these concerns / needs / issues?
Vision (for five years' time)
From our Parish Statistics for Mission, we see that we are / have...
Priorities (for the next five years)
Goals (for the next year)
- ALL OF 1-5 BY 2019 Prayer increase in the life of our parish, and in our own lives as individuals. Midweek groups meeting for fellowship and teaching
- Our Sunday congregations grow to over 400 people, with all five services growing.
- More than 90 children attending on a Sunday and growing deeper in their faith, including being admitted to Communion before Confirmation. A youth ministry with 20 young people attending on a Sunday, and a mid¬week youth group providing an opportunity for them to invite their friends
- A regular Alpha course with over 50 guests each term. 200 members of our congregations commissioned as ‘Ambassadors for Christ’ in their own families, workplaces and neighbourhoods.
- A monthly Messy Church engaging families in Wormley that would not otherwise come to church. A ministry reaching out to over¬ 60s, based in Wormley. A ministry meeting the needs of those living in poverty on the estates at the Wormley end of our parish.