Parish Giving Scheme
The Parish Giving Scheme (PGS) is a convenient and efficient way to help you plan your giving and, where appropriate, do so tax efficiently. Whether you currently give by Standing Order, envelope or open plate you can easily make the switch to this secure and efficient Direct Debit system. The Parish Giving Scheme can help you manage your giving in a stress-free way.
How it Works
The scheme enables you to:
- Donate monthly, quarterly or annually by Direct Debit
- Sign up to inflation linked giving annually, if you choose
- Enhance your gift to the parish by having Gift Aid at 25% added to your giving
- Give anonymously, if you prefer
- Donate securely
There are three ways in which you can set up a Direct Debit to donate regularly to your church or parish:
- Via paper ‘Gift Form’ – available from your PGS parish representative
- Via our telephone service on 0333 002 1271, Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Via this website
Even though the donations are made to the PGS, donations are restricted to the parish you specify and cannot be used elsewhere. Our team will process your Gift Aid declaration, where applicable, and then the donation will be passed back to your parish by 10th of the month. The Gift Aid sum will be sent separately once PGS has received it from HMRC.
A unique feature of the scheme is the option for each donor to commit in principle to increase their gift annually in line with inflation. While this is a voluntary decision, it is one that could potentially have a huge impact on the life and future of the church. If you manage your giving online, you can easily change the amount you give at any time. Alternatively, you can contact PGS to adjust the donation for you.