Parish Giving Scheme
The Parish Giving Scheme (PGS) is a convenient and efficient way to help you plan your giving and, where appropriate, do so tax efficiently. Whether you currently give by Standing Order, envelope or open plate you can easily make the switch to this secure and efficient Direct Debit system. The Parish Giving Scheme can help you manage your giving in a stress free way, and we now have over 37,000 donors* and 25 Dioceses* nationally (* figures correct at time of publishing).
How does the Scheme work?
You give your regular donations to your church by Direct Debit on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis on the 1st working day of the month. Your full gift is automatically credited to your church within ten days. The full amount of any associated Gift Aid is credited to your account as soon as it is recovered from HMRC. This is most often repaid a few days after the gift and normally no later than the end of the month. Download this leaflet for all of the details.
You can also choose to inflation proof your gift which will make a huge difference to your church’s finances.
As a PGS donor, everyone benefits
- You are in total control of the amount you give.
- The Direct Debit guarantee means your gift is secure and safe.
- Gift Aid is automatically claimed for the church, this means reduced administration and less work for your treasurer and Gift Aid secretary.
- A hugely popular option is available to automatically increase your gift annually by inflation.
- You can have tokens to put on to the open plate to reflect your generous giving and as a symbol of God blessing all gifts offered.
- We have help available from the St Albans Diocese and the Parish Giving Scheme, a UK based charity in partnership with all the dioceses in the scheme.
- So why not sign up for this simple, tax efficient method of giving that benefits you and your church?
Download the information leaflets by clicking on the links below:
For more information on Mission Resourcing please contact The Flourishing Churches Team on 01727 818141, or email the team administrator