The Patrick Trust Fund
The Patrick Trust Fund represents monies set aside for the relief of needy and necessitous persons and the care of those with disabilities in the Diocese of St Albans.
Criteria used in consideration of grants from the Patrick Trust Fund:-
- Made to individuals recommended to the Committee by reputable organisations, diocesan clergy or individuals regarded by the Committee as being of standing in the community or to reputable organisations (church or secular)
- Beneficiaries should be resident within the boundaries of the Diocese of St Albans and should be living in poverty, in the judgement of the Committee, or be mentally or physically disabled and in need of specific assistance
- Ease poverty or meet a specific moral or material need that is unlikely to be met from other sources
- Individual grants to be generally in the £100 – £250 range and should only exceptionally exceed £500 per grant
- Grants should be one-off with no multi-year commitments.
- Grants will not be made to finance applications for bankruptcy, Debt Relief Orders or other instruments leading to the writing off of debts
- Where individual applicants are seeking grants to purchase household goods, such as furniture or white goods, the Trustees will expect that they will have first sought to meet their needs from free exchange services such as uk.freecycle.org, recycle.co.uk and gumtree.com or from reputable second hand outlets, such as Emmaus.
Download Grant Application Form below: