Church of Hulcote, St Nicholas
« Mission Action Plan »
1. Completion of redecoration at Hulcote and progress at Salford (floor, bats, noticeboard)
2. Better rapport with Parish Council.
3. Fresh stewardship campaign for planned giving and financial support.
1. Numbers at Services remain low.
2. Responsibilities for parish life fall on the few.
1. To keep both Churches open for visitors/Sunday services.
2. Improve our communications amongst ourselves and more widely. Website, email, social.
3. Provide a focus for Christian witness, worship and work within our community.
The core values of our Churches are reflected in our Mission Statement, namely: The two Churches in the Parish of Hulcote with Salford exist to share the love of Christ. We offer welcome and service to all people in and around our small rural community.
1. Increase the flock! (with Safeguarding/recruiting issues as High priority).
Keep the Parish functioning well through the vacancy – and then welcome new minister!
Increase the congregation; Focus on “Festivals”, community events.
Improve our communications – especially with Cranfield parish and Deanery.
Reach a more realistic understanding with Diocese/deanery about Finances/Parish share.
Continue our financial stewardship and planned giving initiative.
Reach out with Christian welcome to newcomers.
Market and maintain our assets we have [especially restoration of Chernocke monument, (Hulcote) and replacement chancel/nave screen (Salford)]: History, celebration, art, visitors, heritage.