Parish of Shenley
« Mission Action Plan »
1) We are celebrating the start of Tent Tots- An outreach to young parents and Toddlers.
2) The good order of the church with lots of volunteers to help with maintenance .
3) Fantastic links with the local school especially around Christmas.
4) 50 people attending our weekend away to Othona, the retreat centre, at Bradwell on Sea, Essex.
5) An increase of frequency of our bible hub where we now meet weekly.
6) Vicar survived a stage 4 Lymphoma cancer and in turn, the parish is benefiting from a deeper spirituality because of this.
7) Increase in our Christmas Congregations.
8) Wider team ministry and collaboration within the team of Aldenham Radlett and Shenley.
9) Great links with the nursing homes, pubs, and restaurants .
10) Strong links with the Jewish community with talks, services and collaboration on larger projects fixed for the coming years.
2) Key leaders have moved away.
3) Difficult for people to commit.
4) We have fantastic ideas but no one to execute them outside the core who do the lion share of the work.
St Martin’s : Church in the Heart of the Community- God loves Shenley
We use the anagram B.L.E.S.S
Begin and Be with God
Learn and Listen
Eat and Encourage
Serve and Surprise
Share and Show God’s love
Grow new leaders/ Christians
Start a bespoke Alpha Course
Devoting all preaching to Prayer and relationship with God
Starting a monthly prayer meeting for growth
With the Jewish Community, we will provide access to faith in a wider arena.
Commit to three meetings a year. One with the school. One for remembrance (at a deeper level), One at the local cafe ( Happy Hour)
To commit to St Martin’s building project.
The PCC to agree with the Architects.
A revised Stewardship Plan.
To speak with my churchwardens as to how we will grow our regular giving.
Speak more from the pulpit about giving.
Advertise a role to lead our new Friends of Shenley Facebook site.
To develop leaders at Our 9.30a.m, 4pm and 6.30pm services.
Encourage the committed.
Visit the enthusiastic.
Invite those the PCC believe have a calling to minister deeper amongst us.