Parish of Barkway
« Mission Action Plan »
• Children and Communion: We have had permission from the Bishop to prepare children who have been baptised to be admitted to Communion before Confirmation
• We have extended our use of technology beyond our imagining using YouTube, Facebook live streaming and Zoom for keeping church together.
And this was extended to YouTube pre recorded services- to live streaming and Zoom. We have extended the number who receive the email newsletter.
• To build community with our First Sunday Service. Considerable developments have taken place with this and we are now ready to increase our outreach through this. The previous team have retired and we have a potential new team coordinated by a newly trained Lay Leader of Worship.
• To facilitate a teaching Eucharist This was scheduled but we were unable to do this due to lockdown- this may work in with our preparation of Children to receive Communion but is all dependent on the return to normality.
• To host a Church Discovery Day for heritage tourism and to increase our fringe contacts. This too was a casualty of lockdown.
“to be a growing church with all ages represented in our regular congregation. A church where all are discovering a deeper spirituality and which offers excellent pastoral care and worship.”
Deeper Spirituality energised by faith
Excellent pastoral care
To take one area from our Bronze award to develop a deepening spirituality of creation and ecology.
All age and pastoral care
To produce a survey of church members to discover if/how faith has changed during the pandemic with the results back in by end July 2021.
To create a directory of church members for use within the ministry team by the end of 2021.