Equipping God’s People is designed to be accessible to everyone: lay people, licensed ministers and clergy. It aims to encourage people to engage in learning so that they are equipped to fulfil the challenge of Living God’s Love and grow in their Christian discipleship.
- To nurture and encourage individuals in their Christian discipleship
- To respond to the identified mission and ministry needs of local congregations
- To be flexible, providing a range of options with respect to topic of study and academic requirements and expectations
- To be easily accessible for both individuals and groups or congregations across the Diocese
- To offer appropriate provision for specialised ministries, and for ongoing development of clergy, Readers and other authorised ministries
Programme and information
For more information, download the EGP Introductory Leaflet here.
For a generic programme of courses that are available in 2017, please click here
Please consider printing copies for your parish or including the link in your parish noticesheet or website. You will be able to find more courses and booking information, run by the diocese and other organisations available online here.
What does EGP include?
Where is the EGP Programme delivered?
- Local delivery across the Diocese – where possible in the parish/place where the training is requested
- ‘Regional’ delivery – e.g. Bedford, St Albans
When is the EGP Programme delivered?
Throughout the year, offering various lengths of training
- Single session course (e.g. a morning, afternoon or evening)
- Whole day courses (2 sessions)
- Modules of several sessions
The EGP Award
Anyone can take any number of sessions with no expectation or obligation to work towards any form of formal recognition. The EGP Programme is not offering formally accredited learning.
However, there is an internal Award Scheme for those who wish to participate. For more information about the EGP Award click here