Grants and support for development
The Board for Mission and Ministry, through the Deputy Director of Mission and Ministry, wishes to encourage ongoing learning and professional development for the flourishing of all ministers.
- All training events run by the diocese are offered free of charge to all in ministry within the Diocese of St Albans
- Grants for training provided by external organisations can be applied for if they meet the necessary criteria.
- Transforming Conversations (coaching) and Leading your Church into Growth (LYCIG) courses are subsidised by the diocese.
- An annual book grant is provided to clergy and Readers in IMEii
- All clergy, Readers and those in training for other ministries have free access to the Cathedral Library.
- All clergy and Readers can attend courses, talks, study days and reading groups on the Cathedral Adult Learning Programme for 2022 free of charge.
Other trusts may be able to provide grants, particularly for further study or Extended Study Leave:
Verulam House Fund Trust – aims to support projects and individuals that promote education, spirituality, witness and service.
St Ethedreda’s Trust – aims to advance the work of deaconesses, female deacons and female priests within the Diocese of St. Albans. Download St Etheldreda Grant Form
CofE Women’s CME Trust – is to further the Continuing Ministerial Education of women in the Church of England by means of grants to assist their work and professional ministry.