Ministry Development is led by the Diocesan Director of Mission and Ministry and the Deputy Director of Mission and Ministry, and the team includes the Officer for Initial Ministerial Education (IME), the Lay Ministry Officer (LMO), the Self-Supporting Ministry (SSM) Officers, the Bishop’s Adviser for Women’s Ministry and also covers work related to the Support in your Ministry (SiM) Scheme.
The Mission and Ministry Team primarily supports ministers by:-
- organising a programme of training events
- running the IME phase 2 programme for those who are in the first four years of ministry
- joining with the Eastern Region Training Programme to provide training for new incumbents and those new to post
- running the training programme for Readers, Enablers and Lay Leaders of Worship
- supporting ministers with coaching and mentoring
- administering grants and other support for the development of clergy and Readers
- administering Extended Study Leave for clergy
- supporting and advising on further study
- administering the Clergy and Readers’ Mission and Ministry Development Review (MMDR) scheme
- encouraging ministerial wellbeing
The Board for Mission and Ministry is responsible for developing the policy and work underpinning Ministry and Learning in the Diocese.
St Albans Diocesan Training aims to encourage people in ministerial learning so that they are equipped to fulfil the challenge of Living Gods Love and grow in their discipleship.
Vocations is for those interested in exploring a vocation to licensed ministry as a Reader or ordained minister. The Team is led by the Diocesan Director of Vocations, and includes the Diocesan Director of Ordinands, the Vocations Officer and the archdeaconry Vocations Advisers.