Resources and courses
If you are wondering where God is calling you, the most important thing to do is to pray. You may like to use some of the prayers in this Prayer booklet.
Courses and conferences, directed at specific kinds of ministry, are also organised. For example:
Seeking the Way, a course for laypeople seeking to know better how and where to serve God and his Church. The 2018 dates will be set in a few months. For the 2017 brochure please click here and read testimonials from previous Seeking The Way delegates here, or watch a video on our Facebook page. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions, but if you have any other queries please speak to Charles Burch, Diocesan Vocations Officer Email Charles. Read about what someone who has been on the course thought about it. Ash has recently been selected to start ordination training.
There are various small groups around the diocese who meet in homes to study GOLD Open Learning courses (Group-based Open Learning Discipleship) . For more information go to www.goldproject.org Meta Reeves will be starting Encountering Jesus and the Kingdom (Mark & Matthew) late Sept early Oct. Her group meets in Preston, Hitchin alternate Wednesday mornings. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org. Amanda Furlong will be starting the Foundations of God’s Covenant Community (Exodus – Deuteronomy) in late Sept. They meet in Colney Heath alternate Mondays evenings; contact 01727 825601 or email@example.com
The price of the course book is £50 and students need to register by the beginning of September.
Minority Ethnic Vocations Conference 27-29 October 2017. Tickets are available from here (CODE: come&see2017).
For information on the wide range of ministerial opportunities in the Church of England, click here
- BELIEF Bedford has a new course this Autumn, see their current courses here. BELIEF Bedford was set up in 2006 by a group of Christians in and around Bedford who wanted to create opportunities for high quality, accessible Christian education in this area
- The Church Pastoral Aid Society runs weekend courses for people considering ordination. Each weekend provides opportunities for participants to listen to how God is leading them, hear Bible teaching, gather information, ask questions, talk in confidence with impartial advisers and share fellowship with others who are considering their call. The next weekend is in May 2017. More details are available here.
- The Church Army has a ‘First Contact’ project inviting people to spend a year with them
- Take the opportunity to explore the possibility of ordained ministry at a local or National Vocation Conference: See events listed on the ‘call waiting’ website: Call Waiting website
- For details of courses in the Eastern Region why not visit the website of the Eastern Region Training Partnership here
- The Eastern Region Ministry Course can be found here.