Resources and courses
If you are wondering where God is calling you, the most important thing to do is to pray. You may like to use some of the prayers in this Prayer booklet.
Courses and conferences, directed at specific kinds of ministry, are also organised. For example:
Seeking the Way, a course for laypeople seeking to know better how and where to serve God and his Church. The 2018 are 06 October, 20 October and 10 November 2018. For the brochure please click here and read testimonials from previous Seeking The Way delegates here, or watch a video on our Facebook page.
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions, but if you have any other queries please speak to Charles Burch, Diocesan Vocations Officer Email Charles. Read about what someone who has been on the course thought about it. Ash is at the end of his first year of ordination training.
Come and See 2018. This residential weekend conference organised by Ministry Division, of the Archbishops Council, is for men and women from minority
ethnic heritage wishing to explore the possibility of Ordained Ministry in the Church of England.
When? 14-16 September 2018 Where? Yarnfield Park Training and Conference Centre Cost? The full cost of the weekend is £150.00. Your parishes & dioceses are encouraged to sponsor your attendance to the conference.
How? Delegates are encouraged to book on Eventbrite, Places are limited. Need more information? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
CPAS course “It’s Your Call” (for 18-30 year olds)
Birmingham, 2-4 November 2018
Aged 18-30? Wondering what God wants you to do with your life? Is it to lead in a church, pioneer something new, transform your community or something else?
This lively, interactive weekend is a chance to connect with God, connect with others and connect with God’s call in your life.
Book online at www.cpas.org.uk/itsyourcall.
Cost: £95 (£65 concessionary rate including students)
There are various small groups around the diocese who meet in homes to study GOLD Open Learning courses (Group-based Open Learning Discipleship) . There are new courses starting in Autumn 2018. In Preston, near Hitchin, the course will be Discover Christian Living (Part 1) the letters of Paul starting on Wednesday 3rd October at 10am. This is tutored by Meta Reeves Tel: 01462 456567 email email@example.com . Amanda Furlong will be tutoring The Old Testament Prophets in Colney Heath starting Monday 24th September at 8pm. Tel 01727 825601 email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also Encountering Jesus and the Kingdom (2) – A study of the Gospel of Luke and and the Book of Acts. Starting Tues 18th Sep (evening). Location: Maulden. For more information contact the GOLD Project. For more information go to www.goldproject.org.
BELIEF Bedford has courses running; see their current courses here.
BELIEF Bedford was set up in 2006 by a group of Christians in and around Bedford who wanted to create opportunities for high quality, accessible Christian education in this area
For information on the wide range of ministerial opportunities in the Church of England, click here
- The Church Pastoral Aid Society runs weekend courses for people considering ordination. Each weekend provides opportunities for participants to listen to how God is leading them, hear Bible teaching, gather information, ask questions, talk in confidence with impartial advisers and share fellowship with others who are considering their call. The next weekend is in May 2017. More details are available here.
- The Church Army has a ‘First Contact’ project inviting people to spend a year with them
- Take the opportunity to explore the possibility of ordained ministry at a local or National Vocation Conference: See events listed on the ‘call waiting’ website: Call Waiting website
- For details of courses in the Eastern Region why not visit the website of the Eastern Region Training Partnership here
- The Eastern Region Ministry Course can be found here.