Mission Shaped Ministry
About the Course
The mission shaped ministry course is a one-year learning journey in a supportive community, equipping you for a lifetime of good practice and learning in planting and sustaining fresh expressions of church.
Those who come on mission shaped ministry tend to do so:
- as individuals and as teams;
- as leaders and members, clergy and lay people, learning side by side;
- as they prepare to start a fresh expression of church;
- once they have already started a fresh expression of church;
- because they want their existing church to be more mission-shaped.
Who is it for?
- Those exploring how to being, sustain and grow a fresh expression of church;
- Experienced pioneers who want to reflect on what they are doing;
- Those wanting to learn qualities of Christian ministry
- Christians who want their churches to be more effective in mission;
- All denominations, traditions and ages;
- Urban, suburban and rural contexts.
Features of the course
- Designed for busy Christians;
- Delivered ecumenically;
- Local and national teachers;
- Reflection on your context and story;
- Varied learning styles and resources;
- Coaching, mentoring, learning networks;
- Full materials and extra online material.
- Mission context;
- The mission of God;
- Vision, values and call;
- Starting something new;
- Listening for mission;
- What is church?
- Gospel and culture;
- Team roles and behaviour;
- Spirituality, worship and the sacraments;
- Growing to maturity.
How will it happen?
Here is Rev Canon Tim Lomax – Director of mission for St. Albans Diocese to explain more about how the course will run and why you should consider doing the course.
NB Click here to see full details of dates and venues.
Course timetable and venue
The msm course will consist of a mixture of evening teaching sessions, Saturdays and a weekend away, held between October 2017 and July 2018. The majority of the teaching sessions will be held at Bute Mills in Luton and the residential will be a High Leigh Conference Centre.
The course will cost £399. This cost includes full board accommodation on the residential weekend and all course materials.
We hope that your church would help with the costs. There are bursaries available and do get in touch if you need help with the costs of the course.