Safeguarding Concerns or Allegations
- A child, young person or adult discloses abuse
- Someone discloses concern for a child, young person or adult
- Someone notices signs of potential abuse of a child, young person or adult
- A child, young person or adult makes a disclosure about their own behaviour towards another child, young person or adult
- Someone witnesses concerning behaviour during a church activity or during a home visit
The concern or allegation might relate to someone at church or to someone elsewhere (e.g. at home, work or school).
If a child or adult is in immediate danger of significant or serious harm, please remove yourself from any danger, then immediately contact the emergency services by calling 999.
One of the Diocesan Safeguarding Team must be contacted within 24 hours of the concern or allegation, please see below for our direct contact numbers –
- Jez Hirst, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
01727 818107 or 07867 350886 (Monday – Friday)
- Martyn Hedley, Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
01727 818106 or 07391 010033 (Monday – Wednesday)
- Dave Adams, Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
01727 818104 or 07469 351357 (Monday – Friday)
- Mandy Davies, Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
01727 818117 or 07771 179015 (Wednesday – Friday)
Model procedure for a PCC
A model procedure for a PCC can be downloaded by clicking here. This model procedure can be adapted by the PCC to suit their local requirements.