Courses run by the Schools Team
The Schools Team run many courses – for headteachers, teachers, governors and clergy – on many aspects of church school life, eg
- Induction for new headteachers on the idiosyncrasies of church schools
- Refresher session for headteachers on the idiosyncrasies of church schools
- Admission Appeals
- Clergy & Readers in (Church) Schools
- Collective Worship
- The Distinctive Christian Character of Church Schools
- Godly Play
- Preparation for Church School Inspections (SIAMS)
- The Role of Foundation Governors
- Social, Moral, Spiritual & Cultural Education
- Sex and Relationships Education
- Succession Planning
Click here for the schedule for training on Understanding Christianity.
For further details or to book on a course, please contact Ruth Garman, General Schools Administrator, on 01727 818168 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send payment in advance – an invoice will be issued. If you have a particular need for a course which is not mentioned here, please do get in touch – we may be able to help.
Please note that for courses at Holywell Lodge visitor parking is not possible in the car park (other than for those with real need for a space – please contact Ruth if that is the case). We recommend parking at Westminster Lodge, at the bottom of Holywell Hill, which is a 10 minute walk away.
Courses run by other organisations
National Conference for Subject Leaders of RE in Church Primary and Secondary Schools
‘RE for life in modern Britain’
This conference will take place on Thursday 27 June 2017 – for more information and the booking form please click here.
Resources from A death within your school community, September 2013