Courses run by the Schools Team
The Schools Team run many courses – for headteachers, teachers, governors and clergy – on many aspects of church school life, eg
- Induction for new headteachers on the idiosyncrasies of church schools
- Refresher session for headteachers on the idiosyncrasies of church schools
- Admission Appeals
- Clergy & Readers in (Church) Schools
- Collective Worship
- The Distinctive Christian Character of Church Schools
- Godly Play
- Preparation for Church School Inspections (SIAMS)
- The Role of Foundation Governors
- Social, Moral, Spiritual & Cultural Education
- Sex and Relationships Education
- Succession Planning
Click here for the schedule for training on Understanding Christianity.
For further details or to book on a course, please contact Ruth Garman, General Schools Administrator, on 01727 818168 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send payment in advance – an invoice will be issued. If you have a particular need for a course which is not mentioned here, please do get in touch – we may be able to help.
Please note that for courses at Holywell Lodge visitor parking is not possible in the car park (other than for those with real need for a space – please contact Ruth if that is the case). We recommend parking at Westminster Lodge, at the bottom of Holywell Hill, which is a 10 minute walk away.
Courses run by other organisations
Jewish Living & Learning Experience, St Albans Cathedral, 29 November to 9 December: details
Resources from A death within your school community, September 2013