Vacancies for Children’s Workers
Children & Families Worker, St Mary’s Watford
Full time – 39 hours per week. Salary £19,000 – £24,000
St. Mary’s is a lively evangelical Anglican parish in the centre of Watford. “The Church on the High Street”. The church is currently attracting a significant number of families with young children. The PCC are seeking to employ a children’s and families’ worker who will work with a large team of volunteers in resourcing and growing this ministry. We are seeking a mature Christian with a lively faith which will inspire children, young people and adults. The role will build on and develop our current children and youth work in the church and local community.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide vision and leadership in the field of children’s, youth and family work in the parish.
- Visiting, and building relationships with families.
- Support and work alongside volunteers and leaders within existing children’s groups and activities to develop their full potential.
- Identify and equip future volunteers and leaders
- Communicate vision for children’s and family ministry across the church and sustain engagement.
- Integrate the children’s and youth work activities into the life of the parish, including encouraging prayer support.
- Identify and explore new opportunities for outreach by taking initiative to set up new activities as and when appropriate and depending on particular skills and calling.
- To work with the Vicar and leadership team to plan, develop and implement a strategy for maintaining and increasing engagement amongst children and families within the life of the church.
- Managing the Children’s and Families’ work budget.
- Sourcing and developing teaching material which is age appropriate.
- Co-ordinating and running outreach events within the local community.
‘Come and help grow a wonderfully diverse congregation that is Rooted in the Scriptures, Filled with the Spirit and Acting with Integrity’.
Parish Profile available on application – our website is currently being updated.
Salary: Salary £19k -24k – depending on experience plus pension and work related expenses
Duration of appointment: 3 years with an extension possible depending on funding
Closing date for applications: 24 February. Interview date: Tuesday 28 February 2017.
Expected start date: As soon as is possible
For further details and an application pack please contact:
Patricia Kataria Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01923 225189.
Queries about the post to Rev Tony Rindl 01923 225189 / 07792 505480.
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) that the holder of this post is a Christian as this is a Christian ministry post. Equality Act 2010 part 1. The post will be subject to an enhanced plus DBS.