Welcome to Youth & Children’s Work
Children and young people are welcome as significant members of every church family and every parish. They are our God given heritage, children were blessed and called by Jesus and they with all generations are promised the gifts of the Spirit. How can we help each parish to enable the children and young people in their communities and churches to grow in faith, to encounter Christ and to transform their world?
Diocesan Children’s Mission Enabler, Margaret Pritchard Houston, is here to offer support and to resource all those working with children aged 0 – 12 years in churches and their communities.
Diocesan Youth Missioner, Christian Cole, is here to offer support and encouragement to churches and their communities in welcoming and growing young disciples, aged 11 years plus.
Youth and Children’s Ministry resources during the Coronavirus pandemic
During the Coronavirus pandemic we are aiming to produce a short weekly issue of our Youth and Children’s work mailings. Sign up below for details.
Margaret is producing weekly videos with the Bible story from that week’s lectionary – view on our Children’s Ministry YouTube channel. And below are some youth work guides which may be useful.
Seasonal resources from the Flourishing Churches and Youth and Children’s team to inspire your worship planning.
- Re:Starting Back – ideas for reconnecting with young people in Autumn 2020.
- Prayer and worship in outdoor spaces
- New Era Youth Planning Sheets – take some time to pray, listen and plan for a new era; some exercises to get you started.
- Outdoor Youth Meeting Pack – includes a template meeting plan, consent form and risk assessment to organise meeting a small group of young people outdoors over the summer (contact us for editable versions).
- Game Ideas for Video Conferencing
- Using Zoom in Youth Ministry Leader Ideas
- App ideas and more for connecting with young people online
- Reviewing your social media policy for youth work
- Youth Prayer Walk guide
- We have also set up Pinterest boards specifically tailored to ministry in these challenging times – Children’s and Youth
The Diocesan Youth Service (DYS) produces a regular newsletter with details of the latest events, training opportunities and resources. Subscribe to the Youth mailing here.
Social Media Contacts
YouTube – Children’s work
Blog – Children’s work
Training and events
For details of training and events for involved in Youth and/or Children’s ministry, click here.