Champion Young People
The research noticed the advantages of a church which shares leadership responsibility for encouraging the support of young people. Wherever your church currently finds itself in youth ministry, it’s worth considering designating a Youth Champion from your congregation or signing up yourself.
Why sign up?
Perhaps you are stirred by the findings of the Faith in Young People report but don’t feel you could lead youth work yourself. Perhaps you want to support the youth leaders in your church or you want to encourage your church to renew its welcome and inclusion of young people but are unsure where to start… Or maybe just because you have been asked.
What does it look like?
What it will look like will depend a bit on your church context but could include…
- Investigating and reporting to the PCC on local youth issues.
- Leading prayers for young people in church.
- Ensuring youth perspectives are considered in key decisions.
- Recruit, support and encourage congregation members to receive training to work with young people.
- Share youth resources and point out available support.
- Lead an annual Youth Sunday to pray and celebrate what the Lord is doing through young people.
You’ll have your own link to the Diocesan Youth Office, receive help with ideas and resources and you’ll be part of a new network that will be leading our response to the findings of the research project.
Chat with your church leader and then sign up here.