- is a way of being church for families involving fun.
- is a church, not a craft club, that helps people encounter Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
- is found across the world.
- values are about being Christ-centred, for all ages, based on creativity, hospitality and celebration.
- is part of The Bible Reading Fellowship which believes, with the historic churches, in one God, who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Messy Church publishes a number of resources, including ‘Get Messy!’ a four-monthly subscription resource for Messy Church leaders. Each issue contains four session outlines (one per month), including planning sheets and take-home handouts, together with information on the latest resources and events.
Messy Church resources
There are two Messy Church Regional Coordinators in our Diocese:
Playfully Serious: How Messy Churches create new space for faith. Issued in February 2019, this is a summary of Church Army’s two-year research project. It documents what they have learnt about the effects of Messy Church.